In light of the change in mask wear requirements from the CDC this week for vaccinated persons and additional research from experts, the following recommendations from the VBC Pandemic Task Force have been made and approved by the Church Council, effective Sunday, May 23, 2021:
- Mask wear should now be optional since we do not inquire or record vaccine status.
- Classes may choose to return to their “normal” spaces
- SS may have beverages and snacks.
- Should the church deem necessary, a section of the sanctuary can remain for social distancing.
- Wednesday night activities (pending no outbreaks) could resume in August with the school year.
- The Task Force continues to urge vaccinations for our members.
- These guidelines would pertain to all staff members as well as Higher Life and Morning School programs.
- Our committee will cease operating at this point but agree to be available to the Church Council or staff should the need arise.